We make a point of ensuring we are good environmental stewards at WA Fresh Delivered, especially since a large part of our business - being the availability and quality of fresh produce - depends on the health of the planet.
We have, and continue, to take small but important steps to help keep our environmental impact as low as possible, which has an added benefit of helping to keep our costs to you low.
Some of the ways we currently do this include:
Reducing our landfill impact
- Maintaining a good supply chain, ordering the best possible produce in only the quantities needed
- Implement clear strategies to keep recyclable and reusable materials out of landfill, including:
- Ensuring all fresh produce waste such as leaves and other organic matter is disposed of using appropriate biodegradable facilities
- Sorting our own waste, wherever feasible, for recycling through appropriate facilities
- Striving to use reusable or recyclable materials for packing and transport of our produce and orders,
- Avoiding plastic or non-recyclable packaging materials wherever possible
Helping the community
- Where permissible and appropriate - diverting any excess fresh produce or near-code/damaged stock to local food security charities and community organisations
Transport and route optimisation
- Using tools to plan the most optimal driver routes, to provide the best possible delivery times whilst trying to minimise our driving time